Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Sometimes god calms the storm, sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child."


So I have been reading the scriptures like crazy the last couple of months, and I came upon one that I really loved. In D&C 101 Vs 8 it says" In their day of peace they esteemed lightly my counsel; but in the day of their trouble , of nessesity they feel after me." I love this scripture because it teachs me that we should turn to god not only in the mists of our troubles but also in our moments of peace. This is also a great one because evey one will have trials in this lifetime, big or small, that will send us to our knees. I am so grateful for these words of wisdom that we can turn to in the hard times in our lives, and I know that if we stay close to the lord through out our lives we will be prepared to stand steadfast and immoveable even through the thickest storms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this blog your such a good example to me love and miss you so much!